- Tom Romeo | RealClearWire
In a report released earlier this month, U.S. Surgeon General Vivek H. Murthy argued that loneliness and isolation are killing and dividing Americans. Loneliness, Dr. Murthy reports, can be as dangerous to our health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day, and increases the risk of premature death by nearly one-third. It’s also linked to higher risks of heart disease, stroke, addiction, self-harm, and dementia.
- Stan Greer | RealClearWire
In March 2020, a little more than three years ago, state and local politicians across America halted in-person classes for K-12 government schools with the purported aim of slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. When the school shutdowns began, few ordinary citizens had any idea how long they would last. It ultimately turned out that many school districts would remain closed until well into 2021. It’s been estimated that roughly half of America’s public schoolchildren lost a year or more of full-time, face-to-face instruction in the classroom.
- Buzz Brockway | RealClearWire
The April unemployment report shows that job opportunities remain at historic highs across the country. In fact, the report came in better than expected at a 3.4% unemployment rate, exceeding expectations for the resilience and strength of the labor market.
- Bruce Abramson | RealClearWire
Does artificial intelligence threaten to conquer humanity? In recent months, the question has leaped from the pages of science fiction novels to the forefront of media and government attention. It’s unclear, however, how many of the discussants understand the implication of that leap.
- Anthony Sanders | RealClearWire
Robbing a bank is a crime everywhere. But in some places and times you could become a criminal just by growing vegetables, feeding the homeless, playing poker or working without a government-mandated license.
- Douglas Carswell | RealClearWire
Over the past decade or so, America has undertaken a radical experiment with criminal justice reform. The consequences have been devastating.
- Cheyenne Crossing reopens after September fire
- Belle Fourche’s Weathered Hat Company and Cowboys Too! supply attire for a new movie starring DiCaprio and De Niro
- ‘Race to Survive: Alaska’ Winners Speak Out After Dramatic Finale
- Gene Ficek, 76
- Jenny Lynne Murray
- Charges leveled in petition to remove Butte Co. commissioners unfounded
- Gary Andersen, 79
- Sheriff expresses the need for a new Butte Co. Courthouse
- Charles Tesch Sr.
- L-D School Board discusses proposed handbook changes, to allow hats at the high school